Hugo Ortega receives Microsoft MVP Award

| |
This Monday morning was always going to be pleasant given that it was a Public Holiday in Australia – Labour Day, New South Wales (NSW) and beyond. Yet it was destined to be more substantial than just that.

As I grabbed a cup of coffee and pressed send/receive to check for new messages I was astounded by one of the headers that read:

“[MVP] Congratulations! You have received the Microsoft MVP Award”

Wow! What an amazing way to start a Monday. Microsoft was officially acknowledging everything I had done this last year by awarding me the status of Microsoft MVP 2007. The first thing I did was look up who else had been awarded the title in my competency, i.e. Windows - Tablet PC.

As I gazed at the list it struck me that there were only 18 of us worldwide. Secondly I noticed that I was Australia’s first Tablet PC MVP (Dr. Neil represented here but was actually US based); and only the second ever in the Southern Hemisphere (line honours went to NZ’s Craig Pringle).

The other thing that struck was the company I was holding. Some of my personal favourites include:
  • Linda A. Epstein: Windows - Tablet PC
  • Dennis Rice: Windows - Tablet PC
  • Rob Bushway: Windows - Tablet PC
  • Lora Heiny: Windows - Tablet PC
  • James Kendrick: Windows - Tablet PC
  • Warner Crocker: Windows - Tablet PC
  • Josh Einstein: Windows - Tablet PC
  • Marc Orchant: Windows - Tablet PC
  • Tracy Hooten: Windows - Tablet PC
  • Craig Pringle: Windows - Tablet PC
  • Hugo Ortega: Windows - Tablet PC (me)
  • Neil Roodyn: Windows - Live Developer (a notable absentee from this years Tablet PC list due to a new MVP appointment as Live Developer).

I couldn’t help but be overjoyed by the status and feel more determined than ever to assist in Australia, and beyond.

At this stage I would like to personally thank several people, in a very particular order: My Wife, Dr. Neil Roodyn & Kris, TabletKiosk Team USA, Frank Arrigo, Lora Heiny and family, Craig Pringle, Jeff Alexander, Roger Lawrence, Warner Crocker, Rob Bushway, James Kendrick, Tablet PC Bloggers, Rick Anderson (Microsoft AU), Doug Mulray, and many more.

[If you’re not on the list do not feel left out as the list is endless.]

One thing I realized by looking at the current Tablet MVPs is that it is not enough to simply want the award; it must be earned.

Thank you Microsoft.

Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment